Sunday, March 26, 2006

Calling Social Services Today-It's SPRING!

Dear WTMs, The Christmas lights were finally taken down. Not by me nor my husband. But by a long-time friend of our family who just could not stand it anymore. I am sure that this is huge relief to my neighbors. But now, just when they thought the "WT" family was going straight...it's Spring. While it is TECHNICALLY Spring here at the trailer park, it is still quite chilly for a swim or for playing in a waterpark. But despite the cold, the girls offered to "wash" my car so naturally I let them and the car washing has turned our front yard into a water park. As I write this, my 8 year old is SCREAMING (and I mean LOUDLY as if I were "spanking" her with a lead pipe or something along those lines). It is a sound of pure JOY as her sister squirts her with the ICE COLD hose water. But if you did not know any better, you might think it was time to call social services and hotline our family. Our neighborhood is a mix of generations. It is 50% original residents (homes built in early 1960's) and just about 50% families. There are still a fair amount of the "originals" close enough, so that it is painful to them when Spring rolls around. This weekend the FRONT yard has in full view the following: Huge cooler (white) used as a "hottub" during the "carwashing" session Three tennis rackets One broken bike Soccer net thing but now has no net Two hoses 37 beach towels "Nail Salon" supplies (my 8 year old girl forces some of the neighbor boys into painting their nails, quite disturbing for them) All we are missing is a few cement blocks that we can raise our "EL CAMINO" on to complete the picture. Happy Spring WTMs!

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Happy Spring to you, too!

It sounds like your girls are having a grand time. Don't worry about the boys and the nail polish. Most of them secretly want to do it, anyway.

3/26/2006 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya but i only use black, well pink bt only that 1 time

3/26/2006 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Spring! It's FINALLY going to break into the 60s here in Nashville tomorrow. And I just remembered to take down our snowman garden flag from the front flower bed. Time to break out the pink plastic yard flamingos.

3/26/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger NeverEnough said...

When my kids were jumping on the trampoline, spraying eachother with the hose and shrieking loudly this weekend, I thought for sure my neighbors would be calling social services too. Hey, it 'aint easy being "that neighbor".

3/28/2006 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home