Monday, January 23, 2006

The Rosary Problem and Help from WTMs

Dear WTMs, As I have told you, I am a room mother at my daughter's school. The room mother gig is actually an excellent "WTM" job as it is a "high profile, low workload" in terms of the volunteer ROI matrix. There are just certain times that it is a pain in the rear, like last week. We have a school auction this year and each classroom makes things for the auction. Naturally, since two of the three room mothers in my daughter's class are "WTMs", the head of the auction committee had to call and "suggest" a project to me. It was "suggested" that our class do a Rosary. There are about 60 beads on a Rosary and so the "suggestion" was that each of the children make two beads for the Rosary. Fine. I go into the classroom just before Christmas, and the little monsters each make two beads for the Rosary. I won't even TELL you what was in some of these beads. Can anyone say BOOGER? So then I pass off to the other WTM Room Mom, who bakes the damn Rosary beads. Then she gives them back to me before Christmas in a baggie, where they sit on my desk until last week. At pick-up last week, a muffia mother than I have spoken to twice in 5 years, BOUNCES up to me and tells me that "if I need any help with the classroom project" to call her. WARNING: This is muffia code for "Get your damn Rosary turned in to the Muffia/Auction committee or you will be punished", for those of you who are not familiar with muffia code. You know what my last month has been like----I am totally crazed. In a total panic, I call one of my WTM pals who is also very crafty and creative. She comes through with flying colors, assembles the Rosary and it's done. HA! Thanks to another WTM, I have lived another day to foil the evil muffia! The best part is that a few of the muffia sons and daughters have their boogers in the very special Rosary.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Totally love the rosary idea... can I steal it for the damn "gifts from the heart" category in our school's silent auction?
Also... LOVE the jeans!

1/23/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Too funny. Gotta love that muffia kids and WTM kids can be pretty much the same.

1/23/2006 10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oohooh! i wanna booger rosary

1/23/2006 11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the BEST idea ever, and although I would prefer a Booger Free Rosaries, I'm thinking Booger Rosaries will be the HUGE fundraising item this year. I would soooooooo buy one instead of the ceramic tile birdbath! Plus, you'll have a little piece of your child with you always... granted, a disgusting piece, but a piece nontheless...

1/23/2006 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, can I steal the rosary idea for next year's catholic school auction?? How did you make the beads? Clay?
Kristina

1/23/2006 7:34 PM  
Blogger queen of wt said...

You use polomer clay that get hard when you bake it.
You can buy at any craft store. The boogers must come from each child however....

1/24/2006 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Kind of makes me wish I was Catholic. We have a lot of Play Doh mixed with dog hair at our house...that's got to be good for something!

1/24/2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

My wee monkey would *love* making those beads! At 7, she still picks and eats (although, admittedly, at least now she tries to be less obtrusive about it). I'm sorry, but that's funny as heyall.

1/25/2006 2:55 PM  
Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

I think I have directions somewhere for rose petal beads. Email if you're interested. Might be the cure for booger bead rosaries.

1/26/2006 6:01 PM  
Anonymous alex said...

totally the same
weekend jobs

5/27/2010 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home