Friday, December 02, 2005

WT Mom Holiday Survival Tip #3

Dear WTM's- Am taking today's blog from one of my ALL TIME favorite books called THE CURSE OF THE MOMMY by Cathy Crimmins. Although Cathy does not classify herself as a WTM, she is totally a role model for all the White Trash Moms out there in the trenches. Holiday Survival Tip #3 is very simple. Have a relaxed holiday and have fun with your family during the holidays---your kids will only remember the weird stuff. Please read on as I give a few examples from Cathy's book: Day at the Circus-Total Cost $112.00
  • Lithuanian jugglers, Romanian acrobats, mimes, clowns, animals.
  • You got the children tickets, Snowcone flashlights, food and other souvenirs.
  • What your kids remember: The elephant took a dump.
Birthday Party-Total Cost $300.00
  • Magician and personalized favors.
  • Provided wine and cheese for the parents.
  • What your kids remember: The red balloon (19 cents)
Kid Concert-Total Cost $55.00
  • Kid concert featuring PBS TV stars, flamenco dancers.
  • Bought tickets, took them for Happy Meals after the show.
  • What your kids remember: Boy sitting next to them farted real loud.
Her book is packed with great stuff like this! But is this true or what? So have fun and leave the worrying to the muffia. It will give them wrinkles.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I am off to find the book, she sounds like my kinda gal. Thanks for the tip.

12/02/2005 12:31 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

She's right. My mom shelled out the big bucks taking me to the circus countless times when I was little and all I remember was the elephant, whose back I was riding on, making a strange groaning sound and then taking the biggest crap I've ever seen in my life right there in the parking lot next to Little Billy.

12/02/2005 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We took our family and my niece and nephew on a fabulous trip years ago. First time the kids had seen the ocean, alligators in the wild, a submarine at sea etc etc. What story still comes up first and most often? Not shrimping in Jacksonville or wild horses on the beach. They talk about the size of the cockroaches in the hotel in Savannah. sheesh

Hey Ditsy Chick - anyone ever tell you that you look a lot like Pat Benetar ;-) ha ha

12/03/2005 6:18 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sounds like a book I need. Although I'm too cheap to shell out $300 for a b-day party and that much for a trip to the circus. Funny post.

12/04/2005 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home