Friday, January 06, 2006

More Reasons for Future Therapy for Kids

Dear WTMs, I know I promised spook patrol lessons this week but have to blog about an incident involving my older daughter. I am certain this will be remembered at her therapist's office in later life when she blames me for everything (and she will, as we ALL KNOW...IT IS ALWAYS THE MOTHER'S FAULT). So my 12 year old had her friends over the other day and they decided to make a movie. They needed some action figures for their masterpiece so they wanted to borrow my younger daughters BARBIES. Knowing that this could incite a riot in my house later in the evening, I told them that they could use the two naked barbies that were in the bathroom (these are her "swim" dolls that little sis takes a bath with) AND that I would like them use one of the dolls that I have on my web site, white trash palace. Here is the catch---the doll on WTP is a PREGNANT BARBIE-LIKE DOLL named TRAILER TRASH TURLEEN. See picture above. This was one of my best sellers over the holiday as you push her tummy and she says things like:
  • There's a TWISTER comin'!
  • Pour me a double, I'm Drinkin' Fer Two!
  • BURP.
I instantly regret the offer of "Turleen" for use in the MOVIE. Older sis is kind of horrified. "Nice, mom. REAL nice". I really know this was a bad idea when one of her friends says: "Oh, you gave my mom and dad one of those dolls. But they said that I couldn't play with it because it's not appropriate for kids". Strike two. While my older daughter at first is horrified (I guess having pregnant white trash barbies hanging around the house is not the norm) she and her buddies naturally use the doll in their movie. The masterpiece, at theatres in a few years, is called "Bobby Joe's Big Day". It is complete with Ozark-like characters inspired by the WT Turleen doll. It is actually quite twisted and funny. So...it situations like this one that I am grateful that my own mom is passed away. If she had any idea that I shopped for "Jon Bene" dresses for little girl to wear on Halloween and let big girl use Trailer Park dolls for movie props, she would probably D-I-E.

13 Comments:

Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

So, you ARE going to post the video, right? hehehehe

1/06/2006 8:16 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

How funny. Yes, my mom would be in my face about those things too. But right now, she's in my face all of the time because I don't go to church and my child's not baptized. After hearing about that for the past 3 1/2 years, hearing her go on and on about something else would actually be refreshing. :-)

1/06/2006 8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am fortunate. My mom is extremely classy, but my father was a total redneck. She realizes that there is nothing she can do about my redneck behavior and so chooses to laugh. My children are white trash to the max, but my mother still loves us and appreciates our own special personalities.

1/06/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Yes, well. At least your girls will be prepared for the future. Mind you your daughter's friend doesn't wind up like Turleen at age 15.

Gosh, tell her folks to lighten up and have a sense of humor!!

Peace,
A

1/06/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Try to think of it like you were helping to feed their creative spirits. Maybe one of them will become a renowned film director someday, and you will be mentioned in an Oscar speech. Or maybe they will just send you their therapy bills... :-)

1/06/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Karen Bodkin said...

Holy crapballs, you are freaking hilarious! I found you through another blogroll...I'll be back.

1/06/2006 4:42 PM  
Blogger Ditsy Chick said...

I love that doll....don't worry, your kids can split their therapist with my kids...

1/06/2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger mamatulip said...

There's a TWISTER comin'!"

I nearly choked when I read this.

1/07/2006 6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turleen needs a Ken...White Trash Willie? He could be an action figure, too, with some swanky plastic accessories like a six pack and a pouch of chewin' tobacco.

1/07/2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

I have an amusing Barbie i call Toxic Shock Syndrome Barbie....

1/08/2006 2:06 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That is fan-freakin'-tastic! Where can I get one of those? ROFL!!!!!

1/08/2006 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh is that the 1 whos stomach opens up n out pops tha kid

1/09/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger tpjewelry said...

Sie können sie bei couponorbit.com finden, da es die thomas sabo gute Anlaufstelle für alle Overstock Schmuck Gutscheine thomas sabo shop und Gutscheincodes Overstock Schmuck ist.

11/01/2010 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home