Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Holiday Survival Tip #5

Dear WTMs, First of all, a big thank you to JANE for sending the really scary LINK to the "cookie party" site. I have put a link to this scary site in the title of this blog entry, in case you want to go and see. Shudder. Second of all, I want to say again that BAKING DOES NOT MAKE YOU A MUFFY. I have many WT and excellent moms that are awesome cooks and love to bake stuff, especially this time of the year. One of my best friends really gave me hell about the baking thing so I want to be clear on this one. Remember----what makes a person a muffy has nothing to do with baking or income----it has to do with ATTITUDE. Finally, dear WTMs, my holiday survival tip number five. This tip is really important. Tip number five is...BE GOOD TO YOUR WT SELF. Do something good for YOU in the next few weeks, as you are going to be doing even MORE for others in the coming days, remember to take time out for yourself. You will be a better mom and be a better person. Take 30 minutes and go to the nail salon over in the strip mall. Even if you KNOW they are talking about your toenails in another language, it will still feel great to get a pedicure. Or go to a movie---ALL BY YOURSELF. Trying to coordinate with another friend is usually a nightmare, so just go by yourself and enjoy it. If you can't get to a movie, lock yourself in a room (away from your family) and watch the movie CLUELESS or some other excellent comedy. My point is, do something completely worthless, completely for yourself a few times during the busy holiday season. You will feel better and then you will be re-charged and ready to deal with the added stuff that comes with the season. We all know that alot of the "stuff" is good but it is still EXTRA so let's be careful to recharge the old batteries. WTMs I would really LOVE to hear some of your WT MOM SURVIVAL tips for the holidays!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! My daughter's playgroup is having a cookie swap. I clicked on the link and it is the same invite verbatim! Scary stuff!!

12/07/2005 8:46 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Was thinking of actually hosting a cookie swap - would that just be too awful of me???

I guess I can't help it, originally from NYC where you just don't meet other people ... my friend in Denver's hosting a cookie swap and it sounded like it might be fun.

I suppose I'm just an absolute DORK.

BTW I have two holiday tips --

1) Have a Hot Bath with Bubbles - even if you're only in it for 30 seconds before the kids scream, you'll feel better; and

2) Don't drink too much on nights when you are lucky enough to have a sitter - the kids are still yours the next day and they are EVEN WORSE with a hangover.

Be well -
A

12/07/2005 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I am exhausted just reading the web site! "The Rules" are hilarious and I actually thought it was a joke until I looked at the pictures. I definitely think that woman needs to get a life.

12/08/2005 6:34 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

That's it. I've done it. Invitations are OUT - no over planning I evited everyone on Thursday for a cookie exchange on Sunday. And you know what - one of my cookie recipes has only three ingredients - Jello, Water and Marshmallows - it's going to be hot. Real hot - all those MUFFIA wanna bes can piss off - did I mention I invited some from my new moms group and they all said "have fun" i.e., they're not coming. So fine, we didn't want them anyway.

Thanks for the Support. I'll let you know how it goes.

A

12/10/2005 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just couldn't help it. I read that cookie exchange and had to rewrite it because I, too, thought it was a joke until I saw the pictures.

What I wrote isn't EXACTLY the party I'd plan, but I was being creative! I have nothing against baking, and love making Christmas cookies...I just couldn't let there be only one version of Robin's Cookie Exchange Rules out there in the world.

Lisa's Cookie Exchange Rules

I hope you get a chuckle out of it. (Warning...profanity is used.)

12/13/2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Cookie parties can be fun. Go for it Amber. This cookie exchange on the other hand... eeesh! What is with those rules! Any party that requires that many regulations cannot be fun. Bake the cookies, swap them, drink lots of eggnog! See, fun! Was there a dress code, I didn't notice. Merry Christmas! Love your blog.

12/18/2005 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and don't forget that a wt cookie swap involves denim and a trip to the liquor store!

9/28/2006 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home