Friday, April 28, 2006

Muffia at the Coffee Shop-They Know We Are Out There

Dear WTMs, So this morning after dropping off kids, I head to the coffee shop to pay $3.75 for double shot mocha. I need the extra jolt today because it is the DAY BEFORE First Communion. That means I must actually deep clean the house. Note to self: wipe all the BOOGERS off the wall in hallway. Another note to self: take dog bed out of hallway bathtub. You get the picture. So I go to the coffee shop. I walk in the coffee shop wearing my Crocs, holey jeans, t-shirt that I slept in. It is 810am. As I walk in, out of the corner of my eye, I have a "muffia" sighting. A table of 6 women, dig if you will, the picture: All perfectly groomed, hair curled, full make-up. All wearing designer casual duds, perfect for that "important meeting at the coffee shop" look. There is one gal that looks a little out of place at the table, wearing unfashionable glasses, straight hair that has not be "enhanced" by hair color. I figure that she's the treasurer that they let hang around them and join the committee because she can add. Now, I don't KNOW these ladies. But I KNOW them, if you understand what I mean. The muffia are a universal organization, therefore even if they are from another school or city. As I am getting my coffee,I notice that several members of the "very important committee meeting" group are openly staring at me. Their WTM radar is obviously on. Knowing the evil ways of the muffia, they were fixing their laser stares at me thinking: "OMG, I can't believe that woman is wearing that. Thank God I am perfect!" or "Do I know her? Is she important enough for me to know? If she is important enough for me to know, should I greet her?" I get my coffee and bolt. That muffia committee is another WTM's headache. I've got my own to deal with. The point of this story is...ladies they KNOW we are out there. Yet one more sign that our movement is gaining strength.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your muffia stories! They are so funny and, sadly, so true!

I'm a WTM married to a WTD living in the burbs in a golf course community SURROUNDED by the muffia!

We're here for the schools, which are run by the muffia of course.

I've never had a mani or a pedi and I own NO designer duds and hubby drives a pick up. Yeah, I fit in reeeeal good!

4/28/2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger *** said...

Oh man, that is sooo me. Even on a work day, I rarely curl my hair, have never "enhanced" my hair and full make-up includes all of three minutes of application of three different things. I'm the perfect addition to "the movement!"

4/28/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger ^starshine said...

I came across the new sitcom...I think its called "Old Christine?" It stars Julia Louise Dryfus. (I just know I am misspelling her name but that is not the point. The point is, this sitcom is definitely a WTM versus Muffia in disguise!

Case in point: When her son's b-day party is seriously going down the toilet and all the muffia are there looking down on her. A muffia kid pulls out money from the couch. Christine uses her quick thinking skills and turns it into a "treasure hunt" for all the kids. She lets the kids loose on the house and they gleefully take home whatever they can find. One muffia kid takes home on old bra!

You've got to check it out sometime...

4/28/2006 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what is really funny about your blog? Sometimes, I think I could have written the same words about the same people. It was quite eerie today, because some muffias from my kid's school were at a coffee shop I went by this morning. Weird weird weird. I guess I am officially a WTM.

4/28/2006 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home