Sunday, October 09, 2005

This is REAL...this is NOT a test...

As a WTM, I have been extremely lucky to have some mentors that I also count as friends. I have a crazed friend that has grown children and is now a grandmother---I "globbed" on to her in the 80's when I worked with her and she has been unable to get away from me, even after all these years. Anyway, when I told my friend about the WTM blog, she sent me this article. This is an actual magazine article from a magazine in the 1950's. This is a real article, boys and girls. Was it GREAT to be a male in the 50's or what? Enjoy and let us all thank our lucky stars we are in the year 2005. Click on the title to this blog entry and you will be taken to the article. But let me just give you a small preview: You may have more than a dozen important things to tell him...let him talk first, his topics of conversation are more important than yours. EEEEEK!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAH. If I'd been around then, they'd have lit me on fire for being a witch or something. Kiss his dirty cheating toes and fluff the kids for him so they look all pink and scrubbed when he gets in because he's more important than me. Hmmm. Sounds like blind volunteer slavery to ME. I'm no women's libber, this is for sure, but I SURELY would not have gone for THAT!!

10/09/2005 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the tip on how to deal with my muffia baker ( I am the crazy camp cake girl)

Someone actually gave this to me as (I hope) a sick joke when I got married 10 years ago. Methinks if my husband came home and I was looking gay with a ribbon in my hair, well, let's just say it would probably involve marriage counseling.

Excellent repost. Hooray for women's lib!

10/09/2005 7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite bit is "You have no right to question him." Holy crap!

10/09/2005 8:06 PM  
Blogger Christina_the_wench said...

Where can I get a copy of this magazine? I want to wipe my butt with it. Least it would be put to good use.

10/10/2005 6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually think this article isn't real. But is is still funny.

10/10/2005 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*waaaah* I love Snopes, a website that debunks myths. Here is this one: http://www.snopes.com/language/document/goodwife.htm

However, I talked to my mother and my grandmother and this article isn't too far off. Anyway, all you have to do is watch June Cleaver on TVLand and you'll see that this is true!!

10/10/2005 5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheeze. It always cuts the end off. It ends: goodwife.htm

10/10/2005 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cousin had told his wife-to-be that he would do a small speach at their wedding reception. he read his favorite parts of this article as "tips" for her. It was obviously a joke, and it was really funny. All I can say that it's a good thing his wife has a forgiving sence of humor.

10/11/2005 7:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yeah right! Maybe I should print this off for hubby, since I am the one making the big bucks and he is usually home cooking, cleaning, and caring for kids....ROFLMAO

May I steal this?

10/15/2005 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home