Friday, September 16, 2005

What is the MUFFIA?

I do not tell many of the people in my world that I do this blog (or that I have the web store WHITE TRASH PALACE). I want to be able to really RANT here on this blog and I can't do that if some of the people I am writing about are reading the blog. But one of my handful of friends that DOES know it's me ranting asked me the other day what the "MUFFIA" was. I thought I should explain a little better as it is SUCH a PERFECT term and I was not clever enough to think of it myself. The idea of the "MUFFIA" comes from the best book in the world called I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT by Allison Pearson. The main character is a mom who is juggling career and home, swimming against the tide 24/7. You don't need to have a high power career like the fictional character in this book to "get" the book and to think it is soooo funny. The main character in the book is constantly getting attacked from the rear by the perfect moms that she refers to as "the muffia". I about peed my pants reading parts of this book as it was so TRUE. It was after reading this book that I decided to go PUBLIC with my whole "white trash" philosophy on parenting. If you click on the "header" to this blog it takes you to a link at AMAZON.com. I will not benefit in any way from sending you to AMAZON but I figured that if you were a WT mom, you would not have the time to actually find the book for yourself. I fell in love with book from page one. Book opens with our main character taking store bought brownies and making them LOOK as though they were homemade----at 1:30am. It's awesome. Read it if you can.

8 Comments:

Blogger queen of wt said...

I am sooo sorry that the book made you sad. I had another friend that was kind of worked up when she read the book---too close to home. But you have to look at the bigger picture girl! There is guilt in ALL mothering, whether you work or not! If you work, you get the guilt of being away from the kiddos. If you don't work, there are more money worries and the mind numbing day to day stuff of staying home that makes you NOT the mother you really wanted to be.
Face it and don't feel so bad----you WILL drive you kids into therapy over some aspect of your parenting.
So...pick your poison. And keep talking to your buddies. Chances are, they have that guilt too.

9/16/2005 4:53 PM  
Blogger momazon said...

I admit, I passed it up, since it was "about" a mom who works outside the home.... since I really don't know how they do it! My hat's off to those who can...

9/17/2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger Busy Mom said...

It was a great book, all moms can enjoy it!

9/18/2005 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm..... I thought I was looking at the right book on Amazon, but, everyone here is talking about how great it was and stuff like that. I was reading the comments on the Amazon page and they were severely negative! Sheesh. I did click around a few times, maybe I was reading comments on the wrong book?

9/18/2005 8:15 PM  
Blogger queen of wt said...

Dear Nilla-
The negative comments must have been either from
a)the evil muffia agents
or
b)a mom that has not yet embraced the fact that having a laugh (evil kind of a bittersweet laugh) is the best way to to approach the situation.

9/19/2005 6:36 AM  
Blogger William said...

Australian Graham Barker extracted his own belly button fluff every day for 18 years acquiring a record-breaking amount of fluff. He hopes to accumulate enough fluff to stuff a pillow.Contact Lenses

3/09/2011 3:15 AM  
Blogger Nikola said...

The brand name "Jelly Belly" was created in 1982 after Nancy Reagan made a much-publicized quip about her husband's 20-pound weight gain.auto loans online

3/11/2011 4:21 AM  
Anonymous Jawatan Kosong Kerajaan Terkini said...

I thaught it was some sort of muffin :-)

nice article by the way..

Dapatkan maklumat terbaru mengenai Jawatan Kosong Kerajaan Terkini setiap hari dengan mudah

3/30/2012 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home