Monday, July 31, 2006

Our Lady of Perpetual Shopping

Dear WTMs, I am recovering from my 25th high school reunion. I am trying to post about it but I still feel too lousy to write. I didn't even drink that much but I have felt like ca-ca every since Sunday AM. Reality sucks. I am posting later tonight but had to share something from the weekend with you. One of my high school friends made me a belt buckle that had the above "Saint" on it. Naturally, since I went to a Catholic high school, many of my high school friends have kind of a twisted sense of humor. If you are offended by the above "faux" Saint, please go away. I am on my last nerve today since those strange children (who are calling me MOM) keep asking me to take them places or to feed them. Will talk later tonight. After I've started to drink again.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In two weeks, I go to my 20th reunion. I am hoping there will be much to drink, lest I actually remember some of it. Because damn, I hated high school and still wish I could forget it.

7/31/2006 8:14 PM  
Blogger Sunnie (Kaytee) said...

My 10th reunion was in '03 and I didn't go. There wasn't anyone I cared to see. My best friend my senior year and I keep in touch still. Cari did drag me to the afternoon picnic at a local park. And the funny thing was, the friends that I hung out with in high school, who were so concerned with their looks and all, were the ones who gained waaaaaaaaay too much weight after having only one child. When I went, I'd already had 3 children and was still flat. Wish I could say the same today. LOL
I probably won't go to my 20th either. I was only in that school for the last 7 months of my senior year, so why bother? The only person I care about, is Cari and I just talked to her tonight.

7/31/2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger Sahve said...

I also have a big reunion this year. However, rather then drink myself into a stupor surrounded by people reminding me of the worst 3 years of my life, I've decided to have a nice dinner w/ my husband and drink some really good wine. Did I mention that the geniuses that planned this event booked it at a Roller Rink? Oh yeah, I'm spending $70 on that. hah.

8/01/2006 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only way I would go to my reunion is if I was assured that certain people would be there, meaning: all the coked-up rich snobs.
I just want to see if they ever made it out of high school or did anything productive. I know it's shallow, but I have a sick fascination with their lives. I guess I wonder if they were able to make it in life, or if snorting too much cocaine and having too many abortions in high school put a damper on their futures..
eek.

8/01/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Babaloo said...

Can't wait to hear about your reunion...Hope you feel better soon. Tell the strange kids to make you some soup!

8/01/2006 2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't made it to any of my school reunions, not the 5th, 10th or 20th. (Yes, I'm real old.) I can't justify spending airfare money and precious free time so I can hang out with a bunch of people I barely knew, most of whom still live at home.

8/01/2006 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home