Monday, May 15, 2006

Due to Muffia Spies, International WTMs

Dear WTMs, Due to recent events related to the MUFFIA spies (see post on 4-6-06 MUFFIA SPIES ARE TRACKING ME), I now have STATCOUNTER installed this blog. Statcounter just tells you what web sites referred people to you and also where your readers are coming from (state or city or country people live in). It's not too "Big Brother-ish" but it lets me know more about the WTM bloggers. Most importantly, it lets me see if the MUFFIA spies here in my home base are reading the blog. Thankfully the muffia here in WTM HQ are not reading this blog. I am really not too sure that all of them CAN read but that is a story for another day. I am still glad I installed the statcounter thingy. The information about who is reading the blog is very enlightening! First of all, White Trash Motherhood is quite INTERNATIONAL. Dig if you will the picture: White Trash Motherhood is popular DOWN UNDER. Yes WTMs, for some reason, there is a large group of blog readers from Australia. I have always wanted to visit Australia and this just reaffirms my love of this awesome country! Thank you to the Aussie WTMs. Our Mother Country, the United Kingdom, also has a large base of readers! My friend Sarah, who is British, says that she likes to visit whitetrashpalace.com because it doesn't take itself too seriously. Sarah says that too many Americans just take themselves too damn seriously so it's refreshing to have an American store that isn't "utterly boring". I knew that the whitetrashpalace store had a large UK customer base, due to the catalog requests. I was surprised that the blog has a fair amount of WTM readers! Finally, Finland and Canada have a good share of blog readers. Since Canadian and Americans share so many cultural practices (except that Canadians are nicer, more educated and live in a colder climate) I am not that surprised by the Canadian WTMs. I am very happy but not that shocked. Finland, however, is a kicker. What's up with WTMs in Finland? Party on Finland WTMs!
Second interesting thing I found out, due to the statcounter thingy, is that the blog is getting 800-1,000 readers every day. I am freaking out because while that figure is a drop in the bucket compared to the DOOCE blog, it is a huge number for the white trash mom world! If we keep gathering "converts" to our WTM philosophy of life, we should be able to overthrow the "muffia" far sooner than originally planned.
Raise your coffee cup, your diet coke or whatever you are drinking right now and Let's toast our future...a future where store bought cookies are good enough, school auctions are banned and anyone NOT wearing pajamas at morning drop-off is shunned. AHH. Happy Monday WTMs and thanks for all the great support!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

What stat counter are you using?

5/15/2006 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ballerinamommy, do you suppose tights and tank tops are an official Muffia ensemble? One of the moms in my daughter's Catholic kindergarten class showed up at the annual Mass in honor of mothers last week in just that outfit. The woman I saw accessorized by having an expensive track jacket tied around her waist.

5/15/2006 12:28 PM  
Blogger ^starshine said...

Yes, you have an amazing following! Last week I had to do a double take on my stat counter and then I realized you had linked to my site! When you get to be the size of Dooce will you promise to still remember us? :)

I would go out in my leggings and tank top, but I'm afraid I would be arrested for "indecency."

Either that or it would be Texas's first offical whale sighting ever!! :)

5/15/2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger dariasmama said...

ballerinamommy,
no, she probably just didn't do laundry and it was the last thing clean *L*.

I'm constantly amazed at the number of muffia members who will let laundry go till it's a complete emergency but look down on me for my worn but clean ensembles of t-shirt and jeans.

5/16/2006 4:59 AM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

I am SO with you!!!!

5/16/2006 6:24 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah, what stat counter are you using? And yeay for you all!

5/16/2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Jolene said...

I would be interested to find out what stat counter you use?

5/16/2006 8:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on such a HUGE and diverse readership!

Personally, I come here for the humor, and especially for the letters to Britney. LOL. Gotta love that honesty.

5/16/2006 1:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't the women who wear tights to school know that their camel toe will frighten the poor children?

5/16/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger queen of wt said...

I use just statcounter.com as the
"statcounter thingy". There is a free version and a paid version. Naturally I have opted for the FREE version.

As far as the leggings and tank top to school----I personally have no problem with someone wearing that to school drop off if they have actually worked out or better yet if they have slept in the attire. I have a problem with that outfit if it is worn with full make-up after a "pretend" workout.

Sorry if this post sounded like bragging----hope it did not, as I was just blown away by the number of readers AND where they were from. Thanks for listening WTMs!

5/16/2006 5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a lot of south Americans reading my blog. I have no idea why. I wonder who they are.

5/17/2006 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel the love from the canadians too!

here, here for dropping your child off to school with three day old sweatpants, flip flops and no makeup. who am i impressing? the other 3 years olds that eat play dough?

5/17/2006 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home