Sunday, August 13, 2006

Erma Bombeck Guilt Grabbers

Dear WTMs, Since I have been yelling at my kids so much lately, I thought I would share with you some great "guilt grabbers" from the master of motherhood, Erma Bombeck. These "guilt grabbers" are from her book, MOTHERHOOD, THE SECOND OLDEST PROFESSION. I'm going to send all of that food you left on your plate to all the starving Armenians. Do you want mommy to leave the house and never come back? If you sleep with dogs, you get fleas. You are going to drive me to an early grave. Be glad I'm screaming, when I stop... This is the last time I am going to beg. Just keep playing with matches and you'll wet the bed. That's what you get for not listening. I'm only one person. Happy Sunday, WTMs! Talk to you Monday!

7 Comments:

Blogger molly said...

My favorite Erma Bombeck

child: I'm an airplane!

Erma: "Well come in for a landing over here by the frozen food."

or something to that effect. Actually had the opportunity to use that one on my kid in the grocery store.

8/13/2006 2:06 PM  
Blogger William said...

hhaha lol omg. i clicked onto your blog somehow randomnly, and I AM IN LOVE. hahah lol its great i like it. i'll be "favoriteing" this, you guys are great. really good writers

8/13/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Hmmm... would we have to revise those for use by fathers do you think? Or are they good to go as is?

To Love, Honor and Dismay

8/13/2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger dariasmama said...

My favorite Bombeckism: When you fall off that swing and break your leg don't come running to me. :)

8/14/2006 5:33 AM  
Blogger LLA said...

I second what DariasMama said - that's long been a favorite one around here!

(although, we're also partial to Bill Cosby's ""I brought you into this world, and I'll take you out. And it won't make any difference, 'cause I'll make another one that looks just like you.")

8/14/2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Tasha said...

Those are Great!

8/14/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I LOVE Erma!

8/14/2006 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home