Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ding Dong Recipe & Kid's Sleepovers

Dear WTMs, My healthly food phase lasted almost 48 hours. It is now back to the normal WTM food fare. I have three reasons for posting this Ding Dong recipe today: 1)Due to the many WTM reader requests. 2)Due to the fact I am craving chocolate today. 3)Due to the fact that I no longer care if my kids eat right since they both had sleepovers last night and I want to give both of them away so it really doesn't matter what they eat. Here is the Ding Dong recipe: Ding Dong Dessert Sandwich Items Needed: 1 box Hostess Ding Dongs 4 oz. cream cheese 3/4 c. powdered sugar 6 oz. whipped topping 1 small pkg. white chocolate (chocolate or vanilla) instant pudding 1 ½ c. milk 1 pkg. chocolate chips DIRECTIONS: Mix powdered sugar, whipped topping and cream cheese in a bowl. Add more or less cream cheese, sugar or whipped topping to desired consistency. Set aside in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, prepare instant pudding according to directions and place in refrigerator for 5 minutes. Next, slice the Ding Dongs in half and lay them cream-side-up on a plate or serving dish lined with wax paper. Layer pudding in the middle of ½ Ding Dong and spread out to the edge of the snack cake. Add a layer of chocolate chips and a final layer of cream cheese, whipped topping and powdered sugar mixture. Place the other ½ Ding Dong on top of the layers and voila…a Ding Dong sandwich. Add a final layer of cream cheese, whipped topping and powdered sugar mixture with chocolate chips on top of the treat. Repeat. Place in freezer overnight before serving Would I REALLY give my previous lambs away? Of course not. I would naturally try to SELL them on E-Bay. I AM kidding. But seriously, why in the hell do I agree to have sleepovers? Both of the girls, especially my older one, are SO CRANKY the next day that I curse myself every time I let them have a sleepover. Then the horror of the post-sleepover fades (much like the birth experience or the terrible twos) and I let them have another one. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

9 Comments:

Blogger Babaloo said...

OMG! My teeth hurt just looking at that thing and at the same time my mouth is watering and my stomach is doing little "happy" flip-flops. I need medical attention. Seriously.

8/03/2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger LLA said...

I should not be allowed online today - I am totally BWH* and can not be trusted. However, I think your handy-dandy recipe may just be the cure, so thank you very much for the recipe...

Schecky is having a sleepover here tomorrow. Maybe a plate of DingDong sammiches washed down with tequila is the answer to getting through it??? Please advise....

(Hmmmm - WWSPD???**)

----------------------
*Blogging While Hormonal....

**What Would Señor Patron Do?

8/03/2006 3:01 PM  
Blogger delagar said...

I so totally had that exact thought (about selling the kid on eBay) and here's why I'm the worst mother in the world, much worse than any of y'all, I sat there musing about how much I could GET for her, like if I DIDN'T mention the whole pitching the bitch problem...a pile of change, don't you think? Really?

I kid! I kid!

8/03/2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger Sharpie said...

WOW that looks delicious!!

8/04/2006 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Son the elder was out at an all-ages club last night and is also a SERIOUS cranky-pants today. Do you think we could get more money if we sold our kids as a package deal?
I'm salivating over the DingDong recipe. Son the younger looked over my shoulder and saw the picture. It wasn't hard for him to convince me to make these. We're going shopping now!

8/04/2006 9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yum, but I think I might create my own version and throw some ice cream in the mix. Yum.

8/04/2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger molly said...

You're just kidding yourself if you think you're going to get any money from selling your kids on ebay. If you don't want them, what makes you think anybody else will either. Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants a used child. They only want new, unused babies.

If we didn't have the smarts to sell them at birth, when they were all little and cute had some value on the open market, then we're pretty much stuck with them now.

8/04/2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger leader said...

Can provide protection for the entire dwelling on an all risks basis around the policy limits. thomas charms The policy limit is defined by the policy owner when the insurance coverage is paid for. thomas sabo charm You are able to decide to insure the house and items for either replacement cost or actual cash value. cheap thomas sabo charms The house needs to be insured for replacement cost. cheap thomas sabo charmsReplacement cost is most likely the sum it will take to replace or rebuild the house or repair damages with equipment of identical kind and quality,thomas sabo without the need of deducting for depreciation.

10/20/2010 8:17 PM  
Blogger tpjewelry said...

Sie können sie bei couponorbit.com finden, da es die thomas sabo gute Anlaufstelle für alle Overstock Schmuck Gutscheine thomas sabo shop und Gutscheincodes Overstock Schmuck ist.

11/01/2010 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home