Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Pottery Barn Kids Room Checklist

Dear WTMs, I got an email from Pottery Barn Kids yesterday. I guess I am still on their mailing list. I thought they had banned me from the mailing list due to blog entries I have written that bagged on the store. And I bagged on the executives that write the little blurbs about their "average" lives. But for now, at least, I am still on the mailing list. Giving me another chance to bag on them. Here is a recent blurb and suggestion list from those wacky folks at "PBK" about how to make your child's room very special. See below: Pottery Barn Kids ROOM CHECKLIST "Create a bedroom for your child that is far more than a place to sleep. Start with the basics, add a few special touches, and it can also be a place to play, study and dream." BEDDING quilt, duvet cover, sheet sets, bed skirt, blankets, comforter FURNITURE bed, dresser,nightstand,armoire,bookshelf,desk & chair ACCESSORIES frames,wall art,wall shelving,storage baskets & bins,rug,window panels,window hardware, lamp,alarm clock Now, please come back with me, from LALA land to the real world. Real World, a la "white trash mom" Children's Room Checklist "Create a bedroom for your child that is not only a place to sleep but also a room to act as a prison cell, when needed. The room has to not only have the child or children in it, but also all of their mountains of stuff. Be sure to put a bed in the room, if the Hot Wheels or Barbie or whatever else they have collected does not take up too much room. BEDDING Use only the nice sheets and bedding that was purchased for the parents room in the children's room. Any nice pillows will especially be used in the children's room...as a cat bed mattress. FURNITURE If the toys/accessories don't take up too much room, get a bed. If you have a desk in the room, pile all kinds of stuff on it---nothing school related of course. Any nice storage baskets should be left empty. ACCESSORIES Any nice matching wall art should be drawn upon or replaced with magazine cut outs that are taped on the wall with scotch tape (so the paint comes off the wall). Used Gum Stash Place all used gum under the desk area or on the headboard of the bed. Halloween Candy Hiding Place Use one of the dresser drawers for something really useful. Hiding the Halloween/Easter/Holiday candy from your mom. The Pit of Hell (aka under the bed) Throw all trash, wrappers, old clothes, new clothes...really just about ANYTHING under the bed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Dont forget dirty dishes!! I was the queen of dirty dishes under my bed when I was a kid....ah who'm I kidding..I still do that! LOL!

5/19/2006 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny - just this morning, as I was stripping the nasty sheets off the bed to wash, I found about 8 pairs of underwear. I new she was low on clean ones. Ha ha. And my mom tells me that I used to "hide" food, like half a sandwich, in my toybox in case of emergency. But, then I would forget about them and she found them months later.

5/19/2006 9:40 AM  
Blogger Ten Thirty One said...

I love this post.. love it love it love it!!!!

5/19/2006 8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 7 year old's room looks like the one you posted (NOT the Pottery Barn one!). I heard a mom talking the other morning at school stating why they were late-Mom said she was busy cooking breakfast and her precious little ones took their time about making their beds so she had to go in to help them. Let me get this straight...You're supposed to cook breakfast??? It just doesn't come out of boxes?? Kids make their OWN beds?? Hmmm, I never heard of that.

5/21/2006 7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are searching for Kids Dressers at reasonable prices, then log on to Spacify.com.

3/05/2009 2:40 AM  
Anonymous Jada said...

Nice and interesting post!! Pottery barn kids ends your search for all those kids stuffs!!

5/11/2009 4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home