Friday, November 17, 2006

Like I Have Time For That...

PB's ideas for the kids before the Thanksgiving meals are a completely foreign idea to me. The idea that the person who is preparing a two-legged beast, mashy pote's, stuffing and pumpkin pie for 23 people to nosh on has even the slightest bit of EXTRA time on HER hands (c'mon, you and I BOTH know it's the women preparing these feasts...) is so funny that I forgot to play the laugh track. I spent nearly all of my day off yesterday baking 6 pies. I spent most of the rest of the day pondering how I would be handling preparing the remainder of the meal in addition to the dessert - THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF ANY MEAL, IN MY HUMBLE WTM OPINION. Fortunately, I am not the illustrious hostess - this year. My side of the family's celebration is THIS weekend... and while I am no Martha Stewart, I CAN cook AND bake, in spite of my WTM status (which, I obviously wear proudly). However, as I find myself with a miserable cold at the moment, I am moving at the pace of a 78 year old tortoise. It's not pretty. I complete a small task and then have to take a little break - or, worse yet, a nap. It's pretty pathetic. Anyway, a CRAFT for the little kids to work on while the hostess is finishing preparing the meal? So they can slime the table with glue? So they can whine that their turkey doesn't look like the one in the pretty picture in the magazine? So they can pull on my apron strings to ask for help and make me liable to do things that will garner me a visit from Family Services? Thank you, NOOOOOO! Who are these people kidding? What planet are they living on? Maybe they live in the UK, where they don't celebrate Thanksgiving...or, maybe, as the Queen of WT herself has suggested in the past, they have a slew of robot-like servant types who cater to their every whim. Wake up, and sniff the craft glue, PB. Get a dose of reality. And while you're at it, check the turkey to see if that little red thingey has popped out yet, will ya'?.

7 Comments:

Anonymous maggie said...

No time here for that either. They get what they get and they like it or don't come back next year. No frills just food. If you are lucky I might have time to clean up a bit.

11/17/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger QueenieBadd said...

Here's a good pre-dinner Thanksgiving activity that will keep the kids out of your hair, and out of the kitchen. Feed all the kids lots of Oreos and then tell them they're going to play "you can't see the tv". The object of this game is to make as much noise and commotion DIRECTLY in front of the tv as possible. Tell them that if they get somebody watching the tv to get up out of their seat, they get a shot at the wishbone. Funny, no? I always figure if I can't sit on my ass in front of the tv, why should anybody else get to?

11/17/2006 1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robitussin cough & cold formula! It will not only make your cold symptoms disappear, it will give you a weird boost of energy. Legalized speed!!!

11/18/2006 3:47 AM  
Blogger MassBile said...

Very good article...infomational for sure...looking forward to reading some more posts placed on this topic...will be checking this page again..have saved in favorites and bookmarked...thanks

Seo Directory Web Directory

11/18/2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger zhengbin said...

Kauf und Verkauf von Gold in den thomas sabo Goldmarkt hat viel an Popularität gewonnen, sind thomas sabo shop Gold-Nuggets und Goldmünzen im Handel erhältlich herkömmlichen thomas sabo jewellery Wege der Kauf und Verkauf bei niedrigen wenn thomas sabo schmuck high.Tips Gold und Silver.Have eine thomassabo online shop klare Vorstellung davon, warum die Schmuck thomas sabo onlineshop verkaufen muss, um verkauft werden und Scout für die sabo schmuck entsprechende buyer.Volume aus Gold oder thomas sabo shop online Silber zu einem Zeitpunkt verkauft werden bestimmen den Verkaufspreis und die Verhandlungsmacht thomas sabo charm club der seller.Purity bestimmt auch den Endpreis der verkauften Artikel.

10/28/2010 12:00 AM  
Anonymous How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath said...

awesome info , keep up posting..

your info really enlighten my day..
hope you have a wonderful days,

Cheers

8/05/2011 3:10 AM  
Anonymous Louis said...

Goodness, there's so much effective information here!
here | get it | check

10/16/2012 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home