Thursday, October 05, 2006

Un-Freakin-believable

Tacky Princess here. Uh Huh. Remember me? From back in the day? I know. I've been remiss. Life has gotten in the way lately, believe me. School stuff, work stuff, DRAMA, family stuff (oh, brother...), sick people, did I mention DRAMA? So, I finally, sit down to write to you, our loyal readers. And I'm just putting the finishing touches on House of Appliance Hell, when - you guessed it. I tap the switch on the surge protector for our computer with my great big FOOT, thereby inadvertently turning said computer OFF. And had I learned ANYTHING from the last time this happened to me? Or the last time something like this happened to one of our kids? OF COURSE NOT! Far be it from me to SAVE MY WORK!!!! I'm like the 3rd grader whose dog ate his homework. I only wish I could say this was the first time I've lost data. Meanwhile, to make matters worse, the brand new computer that I accidentally switched off, is now no longer functioning. My Big Strong Man is going to be so very pleased with little old me, let me tell you. Now booted off the home computer, whoever said the library was a bad place to use the computer must not have been very motivated... Hence, you will have to wait a little longer for me to completely re-think, re-type, re-enter, re-edit, re-fluff and re-put the finishing touches on the elusive "House of Appliance Hell". Now, lest I continue to RANT, I’ll leave you with this little nugget… Think back to the SAT when you were in high school…are you thinking…are you there? Come on now…dig back…OK, Grammar/Verbal section…are you with me? Now…think analogies. Still with me? I know – pretty lofty stuff for those of us who’ve been out of college for a while now. But you’ve got to exercise the old gray matter now and then, right? OK, here goes…Analogy: Rock concert is to World War III as Tacky Princess’s Washer is to Boeing 737 Ponder that…and I’ll get back to you with my next REAL entry. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger LLA said...

Oh sweetie - feelin' your pain already (and that's without even knowing all the details about the HoAH!)

10/05/2006 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home