Friday, May 26, 2006

Too Much Estrogen in our House

That's right. You read it right. There's way too much freakin' ESTROGEN in our house. You've got me, of course. Then, there's the Teenaged Princess. And now we've got one On the Brink. My formerly sweet, sits on my lap even though she's way too big, still losing her teeth 11 year old is oh, so close, to joining the ranks of "woman". Lucky girl. So, I need to take a little break from Graduation to go on a little rant (that's your warning, ladies - this is your chance to exit out...). Just look at her sidelong, and she's in tears. Tell her she needs a shower - tears. Remind her to make her bed - waterworks. Offer to fix her hair - tearfest. Even the slightest provocation sets her off. My, oh my, what a dangerous web we weave, WTM's. What was I thinking? Better yet? What was my big strong man thinking - injecting me with the stuff with which to bear two daughters? He's the one that could've provided a little y chromosome. Hell hath no fury like a household with three women on the SAME cycle. This is where we are headed. I've seen friends go through this, and it ain't pretty, believe me. Why me? Why? This may seem trivial to those of you with boys. Oh, I admit, my husband and I used to "chuckle" (to put it mildly...) in wonder (and yes, sometimes disgust) at his brother's boys. They got filthy dirty by 8:30 am every day. The younger of the two was called by his first name each and every time they rushed into the ER with yet another injury. At one point, my sister-in-law was certain DFS would be knocking on their door at any moment to investigate the many "accidents". The boys couldn't keep their fists off of each other. The younger brother was using profanity regularly by the time he was two! They seemed absolutely uncontrollable. We were oh, so happy to have our precious - little - sugarplums. My brother-in-law would scoff right back at us, saying, "Yeah, talk to me when they're 13!" I guess I just didn't believe he knew whereof he spoke. But alas...he SO did. And now he's laughing his ass off. Let me just end this rant with one last thought. I thank God every single day for school uniforms. Without them, my life would be pure and utter hell. ("No, you can't wear that skirt to school...that shirt is too short - it shows half of your stomach...your jeans are too low cut...no spaghetti straps at school...no high heels in 6th grade...I don't care if Allie is wearing her tube top to school today - you're not") And just think of the Queen's daughter - Miss Minnesota! Can you imagine what she'd want to wear to school?! Counting my blessings...1, 2, um...

8 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Ok. I'm so happy I only have ONE child. ANd that the child is a BOY! heehee.

5/26/2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger dariasmama said...

There is something worse than 3 women on the same cycle. My mom, my sister, and me all started a week apart. There were 3 solid weeks each month of someone in the house with psycho PMS. My poor father routinely threw his hat in the door before he walked in.

All the same, isn't it great to watch them turn into young women? Lie to me and tell me yes *L*.

5/26/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger queen of wt said...

TP-
We are already starting to look for a nice CONVENT for Miss Minnesota and some of her crew. The future with her and her pack buddies is one I don't want to imagine.
Speaking of convents, there might be a nice one, within driving distance for the pre-teen. Perhaps we could get a double room rate? Hmmm........

5/26/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger canadian sadie said...

I've always felt bad for my father--Growing up? 5 sisters. Then in his own house? 3 daughters and a wife. The man wouldn't know a Y chromosome if it slapped him upside the head. Poor, poor man.

5/26/2006 7:47 PM  
Blogger Awesome Mom said...

This brings back memories of my youth. I come from a family of four girls (see things could be worse) and I remember an incident when my mother,me and the sister next in line were all PMSing at the same time while my grand mother was visiting. She was pretty bemused at the fireworks. I feel for my poor father and I am not feeling too bad about my two boys. Although I do find it very ironoic that I am surrounded by boys.

If you need any advice on how to survive surviving teenaged girls let me know and I will get you in tough with my mother. She learned everything the hard way.

5/27/2006 1:28 AM  
Blogger ^starshine said...

So what you are telling me is that my 3 year old daughter who cries at the drop of a hat when I tell her to go potty, brush her teeth, go eat, pick up your toys, even look at her...will return to this behaviour in approximately less than 10 years?

So what you are telling me is that this terrible toddler/preschooler behaviour turns into terrible teenage behaviour?

Gotta go. Better start now to stock pile the bourbon, cause Lord knows the Hubby is going to need it...

5/27/2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger Masked Mom said...

Two sisters, my mom and I--kept my dad and baby brother hoppin' I'll tell you (and that's as it should be, right?). Now, I've got one on the brink but the rest of mine are boys--she's the youngest, the only girl, spoiled rotten and about to have PMS. Your prayers are appreciated...and you've definitely got mine! :)

5/28/2006 5:02 AM  
Blogger zhengbin said...

Kauf und Verkauf von Gold in den thomas sabo Goldmarkt hat viel an Popularität gewonnen, sind thomas sabo shop Gold-Nuggets und Goldmünzen im Handel erhältlich herkömmlichen thomas sabo jewellery Wege der Kauf und Verkauf bei niedrigen wenn thomas sabo schmuck high.Tips Gold und Silver.Have eine thomassabo online shop klare Vorstellung davon, warum die Schmuck thomas sabo onlineshop verkaufen muss, um verkauft werden und Scout für die sabo schmuck entsprechende buyer.Volume aus Gold oder thomas sabo shop online Silber zu einem Zeitpunkt verkauft werden bestimmen den Verkaufspreis und die Verhandlungsmacht thomas sabo charm club der seller.Purity bestimmt auch den Endpreis der verkauften Artikel.

10/28/2010 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home