Friday, March 24, 2006

How the Magic Bullet Has Changed My Life

OK - I admit it. The headline was just a hook to draw you in. The Magic Bullet probably hasn't REALLY changed my life, but it IS way cool. I just wish I had more room in my cabinets for it. The little cups that you can put the color changer lid thingeys on take up a lot of room, and the big strong man is a little put out by the mess of that (he'll get over it...). No, it's not good for chopping tomatoes (unless you need a puree...), but it's awesome for smoothies, which we make like ALL the time. And I did use the little recipe book and make the WT version of alfredo sauce. YUM! The kids thought they'd died and gone to heaven! Note: it doesn't boil the pasta, so you still have to do that yourself. I haven't had any parties with Creepy Hangover Guy or Cartoon Maxine Lookalike, but several friends have come by and snickered at me for my gullible nature in such a purchase. Hey, someone has to keep the economy going. I'm just trying to do my part. And here's a clue. I got mine on EBay. It came to $53.70, including shipping and tax. Not too shabby, since the one on TV is well over $100 for two, and guess what?! I DON'T NEED TWO (refer to Sobakawa pillow episode of 2/24 post...). Yep. I'm pretty much doing my superiority dance over all of you who still have the lowly blender. No comparison, my WT prodigies, no comparison. I also like that you can put all the parts in the dishwasher 'cuz' if you couldn't, I would have already thrown it away. Call me spoiled, but I can't imagine life without my dishwasher. I have a friend (who shall remain nameless - think royalty and crown-wearing...) whose dishwasher didn't work for like three months. She basically just used it as a holding area for all of the dirty dishes. Quite the trick, I must say. I'd have had to slit my wrists after about day three. Gotta' run. It's almost time to get the kids. And you know what that means - after school smoothies! Yum-ola! Don't you just wish you could come by for one? C'YA!

8 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

If it won't go in the dishwasher, it's not worth having.

And I mean that as an all-encompasing, sweeping statement regarding all kitchen items.

3/25/2006 4:50 PM  
Blogger Dear Lovey Heart said...

i am horrifically jealous of you the magic bullet is amazing

3/25/2006 9:29 PM  
Blogger Dinah said...

I am so jealous of anyone who has the magic bullet.

3/26/2006 8:20 AM  
Blogger tacky princess said...

Lovey Heart and Dinah, don't let the green-eyed monster get the best of you. Get your own selves onto EBaY, and snag one of your own! If you believe the ad's, you'll be replacing like 47 appliances all in one fell swoop!

3/26/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger Queen of the Court said...

This is so funny... I was looking at a sales flyer this am and saw that Kohl's has the Magic Bullet on sale. I thought 'hmm, wonder how Tacky Princess is enjoying her magic bullet?' Lo and behold. I am heading out to get on tomorrow.

3/26/2006 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

post some recipies please
thanks

7/25/2006 11:33 PM  
Blogger zhengbin said...

Sie können sie bei couponorbit.com finden, da es die thomas sabo gute Anlaufstelle für alle Overstock Schmuck Gutscheine thomas sabo shop und Gutscheincodes Overstock Schmuck ist.

11/01/2010 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that is beautiful poems and passages of life pandora beads things do not change;we change.sell your VALUE and keep your thoughts.
pandora bracelets think it ove today we have higher buildings and wider highways, pandora charms but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;
pandora jewellery we spend more,but enjoy less; we have bigger houses,but smaller famillies; pandora uk we have more compromises,but less time; pandora 2010 we have more knowledge,but less judgment;
pandora shop we have more medicines,but less health; pandora sale we have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values; cheap pandora we talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much; pandora beads uk we reached the moon and came back,

11/19/2010 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home